Under construction (does anyone read these anyway?)
A little about me:
I’ve been a lover of books my entire life, and the first book I remember reading on my own and loving was Charlotte’s Web. Now, I’m 20-something, and I’ve been happily married to my high school sweetheart for several years. Thankfully, he shares my vision of someday living in our own library, and never makes me feel bad for buying and reading so many books. My family wasn’t like that, and I was rarely even allowed to visit a library when I was a kid, so having found someone who not only accepts, but actually encourages me to have books around, is a wonderful thing.
Why “caffeinatedbibliophile2” is my URL here: I started book blogging on tumblr in 2014. This blog began as an experiment of sorts (which has kind of failed so far, oops) and…things didn’t work out the way I’d planned. So it just became “Caffeinated Bibliophile, version 2” to me and I never bothered making the URL different.
I read a little of almost everything. I’m not a huge fan of romance, but I do like erotica and I can enjoy romance in those stories, as well as paranormal romance. My favorite genres are probably fantasy, young adult, classics, poetry, some horror (I love ghost and campy stories!), and erotica/erotic romance. I’ve recently discovered new adult books and contemporary YA, but I’m not sure how I feel about them yet.
Random things about me:
- I’m a bit of a coffee snob. I love freshly roasted whole beans, and grind for each new pot or cup of coffee.
- In my (very limited) free time, when I’m not reading or binging on Netflix, I write (badly). Mostly poetry and short stories, but I have a couple unfinished novels.
- I have no favorite author or book. I might be able to narrow a list of favorites down to a few dozen, if pressed.
- I love penguins and being able to meet one, someday, is on my bucket list. It might even be the only thing on my bucket list.
- My favorite movie genre is horror and every October I marathon horror movies for the entire month.
- Most of the sorting quizzes I’ve taken (including Pottermore) have placed me in Ravenclaw, which I totally agree with, but I think I could also be at home in Hufflepuff.