A little about me:
I’ve been a lover of books my entire life, and the first book I remember reading on my own and loving was Charlotte’s Web. Now, I’m 20-something (too quickly approaching 30, eek ), and I’ve been happily married to my high school sweetheart for 10 years. Thankfully, he shares my vision of someday living in our own library, and never makes me feel bad for buying and reading so many books. My family wasn’t like that, and I was rarely even allowed to visit a library when I was a kid, so having found someone who not only accepts, but actually encourages me to have books around, is a wonderful thing. (Not sure the floorboards under our bookshelves would agree, though 😛 )
Why “caffeinatedbibliophile2” is my URL here: I started book blogging on tumblr in 2014. This blog began as an experiment of sorts (which has kind of failed so far, oops) and…things didn’t work out the way I’d planned. So it just became “Caffeinated Bibliophile, version 2” to me and I never bothered making the URL different.
I read a little of almost everything. I’m not a huge fan of romances/love stories, but I do like erotica sometimes and I can enjoy it in those, as well as paranormal romance.
My favorite genres are probably fantasy, (some) sci-fi, young adult, classics, poetry, some horror (I love ghost and campy stories!), and erotica/erotic romance.
Random things about me:
- I’m a bit of a coffee snob. I love freshly roasted whole beans, and grind for each new pot or cup of coffee.
- In my (very limited) free time, when I’m not reading or bingeing on Netflix, I write (badly, probably). Mostly poetry and short stories, but I have a couple unfinished novels.
- I have no favorite author or book. I might be able to narrow a list of favorites down to a few dozen, if pressed, or a few from specific genres.
- I love penguins, and being able to meet one, someday, is on my bucket list. It might even be the only thing on my bucket list.
- My favorite movie genre is horror and every October I marathon horror movies for the entire month.
- I’m an INFP (which I mostly agree with), a libra (which I don’t relate to much), and a Ravenclaw (but I think of myself more as a Ravenpuff).
As of October 2017:
You guys are so sweet for nominating me for the blogger awards things, but I think from now on (or at least for a while), this blog is going award-free. Thank you, though 🙂