A little about me:
I’ve loved books my entire life, and the first book I remember reading on my own and loving was Charlotte’s Web. Now, I’m in my 30s, and I’ve been happily married for over a decade to someone who (thankfully) shares my vision of someday living in our own library, and never makes me feel bad for buying, reading, loving (and sometimes obsessing over) books. Having found someone who not only accepts, but actually encourages me to have books around, is a wonderful thing. (Not sure the floorboards under our bookshelves would agree, though 😛 )
My favorite genres/categories are probably fantasy, (some) sci-fi, classics, poetry, some horror (I love ghost and campy stories!), and–more recently–certain kinds of romance.
Random things about me:
- My super power is befriending pretty much every cat I meet. (One of my friends keeps accusing me of being a Disney princess because of this haha.)
- I’m a bit of a coffee snob. I love freshly roasted whole beans, and grind for each new pot or cup of coffee. But I’m not so snobby that I would turn down coffee offered to me at someone’s house or anything like that. I’m just a little snobby about the kinds of coffee I buy and brew at home.
- I write (badly). Mostly poetry and short stories, but I have a couple unfinished novels, and one rough draft that is finished.
- I have no favorite author or book. I might be able to narrow a list of favorites down to a few dozen, if pressed, or a few from specific genres.
- I love penguins, and being able to meet one, someday, is on my bucket list. It might even be the only thing on my bucket list.
- My favorite movie genre is horror and every October I marathon horror movies for the entire month.
- I’m an INTP/INTJ (which I mostly agree with)
- I’m a Libra (using Tropical astrology, I don’t relate to this Sun sign much)
- or a Scorpio (using Draconic astrology, which I do relate to)
- I’m a Slytherclaw. (I’m genuinely like a 50/50 split between Ravenclaw and Slytherin.)
As of October 2017:
You guys are so sweet for nominating me for the blogger awards things, but I think from now on (or at least for a while), this blog is going award-free. Thank you, though 🙂