Last updated 08th April, 2017
*Not currently accepting books for review. My schedule will most likely be open again for accepting new books beginning the last week of April. If you do not need a review before May, feel free to contact me.*
Who I’ll accept books from:
I accept books for review from authors and publishers, including self-published and indie press books.
Where my reviews are posted online:
My reviews are posted on this wordpress blog, my tumblr blog, goodreads, and amazon. I also share links on twitter. If you would like a review posted to another site, please let me know and I will do so (except in the case of sites that require me to sign up before posting a review). Once a review is published, I will provide links for you if you request them.
When I’ll post reviews:
Please let me know if you need a review by a certain date. Sometimes I can not read and review as quickly as I would like due to other life obligations getting in the way.
- If your book has not been published yet and I am reviewing an ARC, I will try to post the review within a week of publication.
- If your book has already been published, I will aim for reading and reviewing it within a month of receiving a copy to review.
What genres I’m interested in reviewing, and subjects/themes that interest me:
- Fantasy/Paranormal (paranormal romance, urban fantasy, some high fantasy, shifters, vampires, other creatures, cross-genre such as paranormal cozy mysteries, etc.)
- Young Adult (particularly LGBTQ, books with little to no romance, stories with strong female friendships or platonic male/female friendships)
- New Adult (Not sports themed. I might make an exception for cheerleading or volleyball if the synopsis interests me.)
- Some Sci-fi (Case by case basis.)
- Erotica (BDSM or not, but I am not interested in old-leather, pet play, or rape fantasies)
- Horror/Thrillers (particularly ghost stories, gothics, less-written about creatures)
- Short story collections/Anthologies with a mix of genres
- Some Historical Fiction
Genres I am not interested in reviewing, and topics I avoid:
- Most romance (exceptions may be made, such as for paranormal romance)
- Most non-fiction
- Religion/Spirituality (I would consider books related to paganism, heathenry, divination, meditation and mindfulness, etc.)
- Please do not contact me to review your book if there are graphic scenes of rape, self-harm, child abuse, or eating disorders.
If you would like to contact me for reviews:
Please e-mail me at email@example.com
Please include the following in your message:
- A subject line that clearly indicates a request for a review, such as “Review request for my book [book title]”
- The name of the book
- A brief summary
- Publication date (or expected publication date)
- The genre
- Page count (or word count)
- and, if possible, a link to the book on goodreads
Formats I accept for review:
Physical copies or .mobi e-books.
I reserve the right to deny a request if I feel incapable of reviewing the book for any reason (be it sensitive subject matter, a book in a series I haven’t read yet, etc.)
How I rate books:
★★★★★: I loved it (even if I don’t know why) and I absolutely recommend it.
★★★★ : I really liked it and probably will recommend it.
★★★: It was ok. Not great, not awful, and I might recommend it.
★★: I didn’t like it. I probably wouldn’t recommend it except under very specific circumstances.
★: I really disliked it/hated it and do not recommend it.