These seasonal bingo rounds are hosted by Bekka, who is now blogging over at Lock & Rose. I personally think these bingo cards are loads of fun, and they really get me to think about what books I still own but haven’t read, and maybe some that I’ve forgotten about. (Plus, sometimes I end up discovering books while browsing for one that will fit a particular prompt.)
I am so late in posting this that I’ve already crossed off like 5 haha, but I was trying to figure out a couple of books that would work for this card that are also kinda high on my TBR already.
The summer card (links to the announcement post on Lock & Rose):
The cards are always so gorgeous ❤ I also really like how there’s usually a mix of sort of common reading challenge prompts (like fave author, page to screen, or covers that are a certain color) and some I don’t really see often (like sunshine on cover, strong parent bonds, etc.)
On to the (possible) TBR:
- Pink Cover: Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao (which I finished a couple days ago and should have a review up for in a few days)
- Graphic Novel: Hollow City by Ransom Riggs & Cassandra Jean
- Strong Parent Bonds: I’m thinking of reading Emma by Jane Austen, but I don’t know if it counts. This is one I’m really unsure about what I’ll end up reading for it.
- Speculative Fiction: The Black Tides of Heaven by JY Yang
- Cover Change: A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
- Animal in the Title: The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
- Romance: Probably something by Tessa Dare or Alyssa Cole
- Fave Author: The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco or something by Victoria (V.E.) Schwab
- Beach or Island: This is the one I had the hardest time thinking of, and I feel like an idiot because I literally have no less than 4 books on my shelves that will work. I’m leaning towards Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton.
- Food on Cover: Can’t Escape Love by Alyssa Cole (which I’ve already finished)
- Re-Read: The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- Orange Cover: White Teeth by Zadie Smith
- Illustrated Cover: All the Feels by Danika Stone
- Bookish Themes: The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
- LGBT: Once Ghosted, Twice Shy by Alyssa Cole (which I’ve also already finished)
- WOC Author: How We Disappeared by Jing-Jing Lee
- Blue Cover: A Duke by Default by Alyssa Cole (this was my first read of June. Can you tell I really love Alyssa Cole’s books? 😛 )
- Man vs Nature: I’m thinking Wilder Girls by Rory Power might work for this one, but we’ll see. I have an eARC and plan to start it later this month.
- Page to Screen: Who even knows. I’m leaning toward Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen, but I’m really struggling to find many books that have been/are being adapted that I haven’t read and actually care about
- Series Finale: Only Human by Sylvain Neuvel
- 2019 Debut: Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh (which I read yesterday and hope to have a review up for it tomorrow)
- Historical: Rogue Most Wanted by Janna MacGregor
- Sunshine on Cover: The Governess Game by Tessa Dare
- White Cover: The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang