I saw this on YA On My Mind and I love it. As far as I can tell, it was originally created by someone (Simply Kenna) on YouTube, but the video is now private and I’m not sure the channel still exists
1. Favourite horror or Halloween-themed song?
I feel like This is Halloween from The Nightmare Before Christmas is such a cliche, but it probably is my favorite. I think I own like 4 different versions of it. (My faves are the movie version and Mansons’s version.)
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
A man/group of men. Unless people don’t count. If people don’t count, probably a rabid animal.
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
Oh yeah, loads of times.
4. Favourite horror monster or villain?
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
I could go with something potentially paranormal, but nothing like that ever creeped me out as bad as this.
About 10 years ago, I had a stalker. He moved onto my street (after the stalking began, but before I realized he actually was stalking me as a few people had told me) with another guy who was known for being…unhinged… It was my day off, I think, and I was home alone when they showed up and started banging on my front door and trying to look through windows. After about a minute, they split up so one was at each door, so I couldn’t get out without going through one of them. They kept it up for about 15 minutes.
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
Is the place structurally sound? Will I have an entertainment source and a light so I don’t break my neck or something? If so, sure.
7. Are you superstitious?
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
Sometimes, but 99% of the time there’s a logical explanation.
9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
I’ve always found urban legends more entertaining than truly scary, but the licked hand (person hears dripping, but feels better because their dog is licking their hand from below the bed, only to investigate the sound and find the dog dead with a message saying something like “humans can lick too”) one skeeves me out.
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
Thrillers, I guess. I don’t really mind gore, but I think it’s taken way too far usually and just gets ridiculous.
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
12. Ever made a potion of any sort?
Yep. Kitchen witchcraft is part of my practice, so this is like…a daily thing for me.
13. Do you get scared easily?
Not really, but it depends on the circumstances.
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
Yeah, many times.
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
I’m on the fence about it. I believe mischievous and/or malevolent things probably exist, but I don’t subscribe to the Christian view of things at all.
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Yell at the thing that periodically makes noise and moves things around to keep the noise down.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
Uh… The Ring, maybe? Just don’t watch the tape and you’ll be fine.
18. If you could only wear one halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
Are we talking about literally wearing the exact same thing every year, or just the same concept? If it’s the latter, probably a vampire because it’s easy and you can go as dramatic or simple as you want. If the former is what this is talking about… Morticia Adams, maybe.
19. would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
I would and I have.
20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice?
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
I’m fine with either. Trick or treating is a little anxiety inducing, but I’m not a fan of parties, either, unless it’s a small thing and I know and feel comfortable with 90% of attendees.
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
Either the smart one (I’m basically Randy Meeks from Scream) or the killer 😈
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
OMG no. I watch horror movies to calm down my anxiety and relax so I can get some sleep, which I realize is very backwards for people with anxiety. The lighter movies (rom coms and such) give me suuuuuch bad anxiety most of the time, so I have to watch a horror movie (or show) to calm back down before I can sleep.
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
I’m the asshole who keeps yelling at the characters 😛 (Except with a few movies that were so painfully terrible and boring that I fell asleep, like It Follows.)
25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
Neither? Almost everyone I know has anxiety and I’m not that much of an asshole. (But if we’re talking about something like campfire ghost stories, I doubt I’m getting scared.)
26. Favorite scary book?
Uh… Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz? I don’t really get scared from books, and I might like some other horror novel or something more than Schwartz’s books, but those have been absolute favorites of mine for like 20 years.
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
I’m not exactly sure, but the first I remember was when I was either 2 or 3 when It (1990) was on VHS or cable. I only barely remember the experience, but I do remember my biological father being terrified, but trying to be comforting to me, and I ended up being the one to pat his hand and remind him it was just a movie 😛
28. What was your first Halloween costume?
I’m not sure about this one, either, but the first I remember was when I was maybe 3 and I think I was a dragon.
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
I’m undecided, but it’s between a scarecrow, floating head illusion makeup, or maybe Lorelai Gilmore.
30. If you could have a spooky halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
Can I have them all? ❤ There’s already a black cat who hangs around our place (but will not let me adopt him 😦 ), so… probably a bat.
I wasn’t tagged, and I’m not tagging anyone else because this one is really long. But, if you see it and want to do it, go for it and consider yourself tagged!