I’ve officially given up on Blogtober 😦 I was really looking forward to it, but between my internet going out constantly, all of us being sick, and some other personal stuff, it hasn’t exactly worked out.
I failed at even posting Top 10 Tuesday, Top 5 Wednesday, or Fairy Tales Fridays because I was sick and/or in pain all week. Well, except for Monday, which was my birthday and I miraculously didn’t have a terrible day. (I’d planned to do the birthday party book tag again, but some unexpected things came up and my internet was down almost all day Sunday and Monday, ugh.) I woke up sick on Tuesday, though. Hopefully next week things will be back to normal.
I’m super behind on the SomethingWickedFall read along (I’m literally only 35 pages into Something Wicked This Way Comes). I am so, so bad at read alongs, even when it’s just me and a friend reading the same book. I’ll probably do what I usually do and end up reading the whole thing in a day or two soon. Something about scheduled reading just doesn’t work for me.
For R.I.P. XIII, I haven’t read anything, either. But, I already succeeded at Peril the First (reading 4 books), and this week has been all about Peril On the Screen. I’ve watched:
- The Babysitter (I’m torn about how I feel about this. I thought it was amusing at times, but something about it gave me weird feelings.)
- The Haunting of Hill House series (I watched this one while I was sick earlier this week and I really liked it. It deviated from the book, but it was fun.)
- The Lodgers (Uuuuuggggghhh. I had hoped this would be good because the description was intriguing, but I kind of hated it.)
- Scream, Scream 2, Scream 3, and Scream 4 (This might be my favorite horror movie franchise, and I’m so mad that the opening scenes of Scream 4 are cut from the version on Netflix. Unfortunately, my DVD was murdered a couple of years ago, so Netflix was my only option.)
- Beetlejuice (This is one of our most-viewed movies and I think we have like 3 copies.)
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (I love this movie. It’s ridiculous, but so much fun.)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (One of my favorite horror movies. I’ve always been a Freddy fan. I never really cared for Michael or Jason. And I hated the 2010 remake, ugh.)
- The Town That Dreaded Sundown (I’m not sure I’d ever seen this entire movie before this week. This one won’t be a movie I re-watch much, I’m sure, but I liked it.)
- Dark Shadows (Another one that’s kind of ridiculous, but fun. I’ve only seen a few episodes of the series, so I don’t know how much they butchered things for the movie.)
- Sleepy Hollow (This is the point where I started to think it was either Johnny Depp or Tim Burton week in my house. This was one of the first horror movies I saw in theaters, and I love it. This one is seriously only loosely based on Irving’s story.)
- Corpse Bride (Another movie that gets played a lot in my house. It always makes me miss my piano, though.)
Maybe next week I’ll get in some short stories and a book or two.
And that’s a wrap. October is not turning out to be a great reading month, but there’s still 10 days, so who knows? I’m hoping to read at least a couple more books this month, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed about a couple of library holds getting to me soon.
Oh my gods, I just realized there are only 10 days left until NaNoWriMo starts…
I am less prepared than I have been in years, wow. This might be a pantser year instead of a planner year for me. (I used to be a pantser, but started planning about 3 NaNos ago.) I’m just…going to go…scream into a pillow…